In this two-minute speed read; we look at what the new tier system means for sellers and buyers looking to move in Walton On Thames.
The tier system announced by the Government last week to combat the increase in Covid-19 cases has caused some concern from people who are looking to sell or buy a home.
The good news is that it shouldn’t. The property market is still in a position, for now, to keep moving forward.
This is because even in the highest tiered areas which the Government has said are at very high-risk, people can still move. Albeit with extra safety precautions which we’ve been practising since the lockdown.
In Walton On Thames we are currently in Tier 3 – which is described as ‘very high alert’. Of course, this is cause for concern but not panic.
Some of the restrictions include:
– People are not allowed to socialise with anybody they do not live with or have not formed a support bubble with, in any indoor setting, private garden or at most outdoor hospitality venues and ticketed events.
– Tradespeople can continue to go into a household for work.
– The rule of six continues to apply to outdoor public spaces, such as parks, beaches, public gardens or sports venues.
Even in high alert areas Government guidelines say you can still move home.
According to a statement on its website on Friday 16 October the Government advised: “Estate and letting agents and removals firms can continue to work, and people looking to move home can continue to undertake viewings.
Follow the national guidance on moving home safely, which includes advice on social distancing and wearing a face covering.”
Our priority is your safety. And that’s why we have the following measures in place to allow us to show people properties they are interested in.
Here are six of our Covid-secure steps.
- We wear masks on all viewings.
- We wear disposable gloves on each viewing – these are only worn once then recycled.
- We wear shoe coverings on each viewing.
- We carry and use hand sanitiser before and after each viewing.
- We will be the only people to open or touch handles or cupboards.
- We will wipe down any surfaces touched after the viewing has finished.
Everyone has a part to play in helping us all get back to normal as soon as possible, and we take our responsibility to keep you safe very seriously.
So, we’ll be following the guidelines and updates daily. And we’ll continue to help people buy and sell homes safely, securely, and successfully.
If you are a home seller or interested buyer in Walton On Thames and have any questions about what the tier system might mean to you, please get in touch.