With most properties now being marketed online, it’s easy to find properties that meets your requirements. However, it’s still worth taking the time to ask yourself exactly what you’re looking for before you seriously start your search. This will help you to firm up your requirements and narrow the options.
When starting your search, make sure you consider:
Cost – how much can you genuinely afford per month/week?
Area – where do you want to live?
Size – how many bedrooms do you need? Do they need to be doubles?
You’ll need to know how many bedrooms you want, price and location in order to search for a property, this can sometimes feel daunting, particularly if you’re new to renting.
Make this part of the process easier, ask yourself :
- Do you need transport links?
- How far do you want to commute to work?
- How far are you prepared to travel to meet friends?
- What do you love about your current home that the next property needs to have?
- What are the things you don’t like about your current home that you would like to avoid in the next property?
- What are the ‘must haves’ that will make your next property feel like home?
- What amenities do you need on your door step?
- How long do you want to stay in the next property?
- If you have interests/hobbies, is there somewhere you need to get to regularly?
- Must the property be furnished or unfurnished?
Once you’re clear on your search requirements, you’re ready to start your property hunting and register with agents in that area.