Don’t let your beloved family pet stop you from achieving top selling price for your property.
Follow these tips to ensure the sight or smell of pet life in your home isn’t a turn-off for buyers.
Prepare your property for sale
- Give your home a deep clean to remove dirt, paw prints and animal hair.
- Repair any pet-related damage, such as chewed woodwork, mucky skirting boards or holes dug in the back garden.
- Ensure pet toys, bedding and litter trays are out of sight when the marketing photographs are taken.
- If there are pet items that you can’t hide from view, ensure they’re neatly organised.
- Arrange for your pet to stay with a friend or professional pet sitter during viewings.
On the day of a viewing
- Transport your pet to wherever they’ll be staying for the day.
- Minimise signs of pet life from display.
- Light a few scented candles to mask pet odours.
- Check there are no droppings in the back garden.
For more advice about presenting your home for sale, contact us today.