Typical timeline (for England and Wales)
- Find a property: Research the area, scour estate agents and search websites.
- Put in an offer: Tell the seller what you’re willing to pay and any conditions.Offer to exchange: typically 2 to 6 weeks
- It’s accepted: Now get a survey to check the property’s condition. Your solicitor checks any legal issues.
- Exchange: You pay your deposit and can’t back out without major cost.Exchange to sale: instantly to 4 weeks
- Completion: You hand over the rest of the cash in exchange for the keys and deeds. The property’s now legally yours.