Home Start’s Vision
- Home-Start wants to see a society in which every parent has the support they need to give their children the best possible start in life.
- A consortium of eight local schemes, Home-Start Surrey is committed to promoting the welfare of all local disadvantaged families.
- Send us Gifts that you think a 0-5 year old would love
- We will distribute the presents to HomeStart
- Our office address is 69 High Street, Walton-On-Thames, KT12 1DJ
- Get your presents into us by December 14th
- If you have any questions call us on 01932 22 21 20
- For more information about HomeStart: homestartsurrey.org
What They Offer
Working together with families in support of family life they aim to increase their confidence and independence by:
- Providing a volunteer with parenting experience to visit parents with young children at home
- Offering support, friendship, practical experience and a listening ear
- Reassuring parents that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual and encouraging enjoyment of family life
- Encouraging the parents’ strength and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of the children
- Encouraging families to widen the network of relationships and effectively use support and services available within the community.
They provide home-based parenting support to disadvantaged and vulnerable families, if they have at least one child under five. All of their home-visiting volunteers are parents themselves and trained to offer emotional and practical help that is free, confidential and non-judgemental. They work to tested and high quality standards and procedures and all volunteers are DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked. They empower the families to develop strategies to manage their difficulties, enable them to gain confidence in their parenting ability and encourage them to access local services and networks within the wider community.